Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Envelope Box for the Mother Goose Dimensional Book Easel Card


This is the 5 x 7 envelope box for the Dimensional Book Easel Card I did with the Mother Goose theme. It has a 1" thickness to accommodate the bulk of the card as a regular envelope wouldn't be able to handle it and would cause serious 'smashing' of the "book" feature and any extra embellishments that are added to it. The thickness can of course be adjusted to fit whatever size is needed easily. In my opinion, I would want to hand deliver this anyway, but, if I decided to mail it, I would also put this in a sturdy box as this is made from cardstock. I really like how it turned out and had to embellish the front as well as the back. :-)   

I papered the front, back, sides and top and bottom with Graphic 45 Curtain Call then grabbed the rest of my Graphic 45 Mother Goose pad and papered the front. I fussy cut some of the main paper as I wanted only certain elements to show and used some of the script nursery rhyme Mary Had A Little Lamb so that is the part I wanted to use. I also used some ribbon to finish the front. 

I used one of the Mary Had a Little Lamb cut a parts on the back (of course all the papers have been inked using Prima Color Philosophy Chat Noir) making it into a pocket. I fussy cut another section of the main paper page to get Humpty Dumpty to use as a 'tag'. I attached some of the same narrow ribbon to it for a pull.

On the back of the tag, I stamped my stamp and dated it. I'm trying to remember to date what I make.  


I collapsed the card so it would be ready to slide into the box envelope. What a fun fun project to do. Many thanks to Sam Calcott for such inspiration!!

Cutting Guide:

Cardstock:  7 1/4 x 9 1/4  (Front Piece) Score on long side @ 1 & 8 1/4 turn, score on short side @ 1 & 6 1/4

Cardstock:  7 1/4 x 9 3/4 (Back Piece) Score on long side @ 1 & 8 1/4 & 9 1/4 turn, score on short side @ 1 & 6 1/4

BURNISH ALL SCORE LINES. 

Front piece: On short end cut at both score lines up to long 1" score line. Remove the long center piece between the 2 tabs. Miter the tabs on each side slightly.

Back piece: On short end (with single long score line) cut up both scores and remove the 2 squares (one on each side). Turn to other short end (top end) with 2 long score lines and cut up at both scores and remove the 'double squares' on each side. On the very top with the narrow scored area, slightly miter both sides (this is the flap that will fold in to close the box envelope).                     Add glue to the outside flaps on each side and along the bottom. Insert this back piece into the front piece making sure the pieces are lined up and squared off. Burnish to seal the glue. Decorate as you wish. I cut papers usually a 1/4" shorter and narrower that the base which leaves a nice 1/8" all around.

My Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzINeRKY-A&t=2s

Please stop by and check out my other videos and take a moment to subscribe. I will be posting other projects very soon AND I will be doing a GIVE A WAY very very soon!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment