Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2021

 Dimensional Book Easel Card


I just love how this turned out! Although it's a 'card' it certainly looks like a book with the dimension added. I also wanted some of the elements to pop, so on the bottom stop I used Diamond Glaze and covered the individually fussy cut stamps. I pop dotted these on top of the 'same' stamp strip under it. I used some of my stash of flat back pearls to add centers to the flowers and fussy cut so that Mother Goose wouldn't lose any of her wing and the flowers wouldn't lose their leaves below. I was inspired to create this book easel card by Sam Calcott, such a fun designer. I used black cardstock for my bases and used Graphic 45 Curtain Call and Graphic 45 Mother Goose to put it all together. It's so easy to combine some of the Graphic 45 collections.... I have done that several times in the past. 


Hmmmmm, the Diamond Glaze isn't showing up very well, but trust me, it sure looks pretty cool on those fussy cut stamps. The flat back colored pearls are placed and used as flower centers. I love adding dimension and seeing elements pop off the page! I'm a fool for embellishing!!


A side view of the Dimensional Book Easel Card. The stop works perfectly and it also allows the bottom stamps to also not be hidden.


A top view so you can see the depth and dimension of the book/card. 


I thought the flat back pearls made awesome flower centers!


This is just showing the book/card lying flat and not standing via the easel.


Honestly, I do love this one. Gosh, I would just about have a stroke if I received something like this in the mail! What a neat surprise it would be.....don't you agree?!

Cutting Guide

CARDSTOCK: 10 x 7 (Score on the long side: 5 & 7 1/2 Burnish)

CARDSTOCK:  6 3/4 x 1 1/2 (Easel Stop) 

CARDSTOCK:  6 7/8 X 4 7/8 (Score along the long side in half Burnish)

CARDSTOCK:  6 1/2 X 4 1/2 (Score along long side in half Burnish)

PAPERS: 6 3/4 x 4 3/4  *  6 1/2 x 4 1/2  *  6 1/2 x 1 1/4

PAPERS: 2 pieces for the very front pages: 3 1/4 x 4 1/2


YOUTUBE WALKTHROUGH LINK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzINeRKY-A&t=2s


NOTE:

I will be posting the cutting guide for the box envelope in my next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment