Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Flutter Waterfall Album


Normally I am not one to get excited over using flowers, but I had some of this collection left: Graphic 45 Flutter and knew I had to do something with it. Soooooo..... this album came to life. This is a large album measuring 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 and is quite bright and busy, but I think that is the way this had to be. 
On the cover I have of course a sheet of the beautiful Flutter pattern paper and used an ivory cardstock for the base of the album with everything inked in Sepia (I prefer to ink my albums as it just gives it a finished look to me). I added a beautiful jeweled butterfly as this collection has several through out as well as a jeweled dragonfly. The large metal flower was an after thought, as it came from an auction in a metal frame, so I had my hubs cut it out and I thought omg, perfect for the album cover (you never know where you will find some items to repurpose and spark your imagination). In the center of the large metal flower, I added a cardstock flower since the center was bare to finish it off. On the spine I have added some red ribbons...but may change those out..still debating on that element. 

I do believe I will be changing that ribbon, I think it needs to be 'fluffier'....I will have to stare at it for a while longer to decide what to do with it. 



This is the inside cover. I wanted to add a see through pocket so you could see what was in it (makes sense right?), so I used some acetate to make the window and added some jeweled flying pretties (dragonfly and butterfly) on the pocket. It is a good sized pocket and is an expandable pocket so it can hold quite a few tags or pictures. With the album being so floral, I used an edge punch to make the flap a bit more feminine and it has a magnetic closure to keep everything in place. On the inside cover is also a pretty 'sheer' butterfly. I have added butterflies to every page as they are prevalent in this collection. 


The flap opened and the large cards removed to show the inside (yes I even decorated the inside of the pocket).


The pocket open and the 2 large cards/tags/mats shown. Such a beautiful collection and I really like this acetate pocket.


Page One. There are only 3 pages to this large album, but each page has a waterfall on it. I always try to incorporate a waterfall into my albums because they take up such a small space but provide a vast amount of space for pictures. I made each waterfall to accommodate 4 x 6 pictures, so there are 4x6 waterfalls in the landscape mode as well as 4x6 waterfalls in the portrait mode. There are a total of 3 of each...6 waterfalls in all. That's a lot of pictures!!!!! Each page also has a large pull out pocket complete with a magnetic closure to hold larger photos, letters, or anything you want to store in them. The flap as you can see folds over the page and appears as an 'envelope'.


The large pocket pulled partially out and opened to show it's size and flap.


Wowza! Now that's a large pocket folder! It will hold lots of larger photos, letters or any other memorabilia you would like to save in the album.


Pages 2 & 3. 


On this page (2) as you can see there is another waterfall and this one is in the 'portrait' mode. Also on this page as with all of them, there is a pretty butterfly gracing the page among all the ones in the pattern paper. This collection is so colorful and busy, but sure does work well together!


Page 3. As before another waterfall and this one is of course in the landscape mode. Another large pocket folder to hold those large items. I alternated between the landscape mode and portrait mode for the waterfalls. The next pics will be of the pages that follow and are in the same format.


Pages 4 & 5


Page 4. This paper is NOT from the Flutter collection, but I ran out of the florals and found this one in my stash. I thought it worked out well.


Page 5. Don't you love the bright bright colors and patterns!

Pages 6 & Inside back cover


Page 6. I tried to use a different color ribbon on the waterfalls based on the coloring in the top pattern paper piece. I also tried to use a colored butterfly depending on the background paper.

Inside the back cover. I wanted to add another place to house extra pictures, journaling, letters and other memorabilia. This envelope is large: 5 3/4 x 8, so plenty of space. The flap is tucked behind the jeweled butterfly spot closure for easy access but a firm hold to keep everything inside safe. The black sheer butterfly just looked like it belonged on this part of the album.
 
I hope you enjoyed this creation and I have inspired you in some way. Feel free to comment below and be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kf-0bIPB8U

Cutting Guide:
Chipboard:  (2) 10 1/2 x 8 1/2 (cover)
                    (1) 2 x 8 1/2  (spine)
Cardstock:  (2) 12 x 12 (cover)
                   (1) 10 1/2 x 4 (spine)
                   (1) 7 7/8 x 4 1/2 (hinge) Score with 4 1/2 across the top 
                   @ 1/4 * 3/4 * 1 1/4 * 1 3/4 * 2 1/4 * 2 3/4 * 3 1/4 * 
                   3 3/4 * 4 * 4 1/4    Accordion fold 
                   (3) 8 x 10 (page top piece)
                   (3) 9 x 10 (page bottom piece) Score with 9" across the 
                   top 1/2" turn 1/2" on opposite side
                   (3) 8 3/4 x 9 1/2 (Large pockets for pages top piece)
                   Score with 9 1/2 across top @ 1/2" each side
                   Score with 8 3/4 across top @ 1/2
                  (3) 11 x 7 3/4 (Large pockets for pages bottom piece)
                   Score with 11" across top @ 3 to make pocket flap
                  (3) 6 x 8 (Waterfall base for the landscape format)
                  (24) 4 1/2 x 6 (Landscape waterfall pages) Score with 6"
                   across the top @ 1/2"
                  (3) 4 x 8 (Portrait waterfall base)
                  (15) 6 1/2 x 4 (Portrait waterfall pages) Score with 6 1/2
                   across the top @ 1/2"
                  (1) 8 x 7 (Inside cover window pocket base) Score with 7
                   across top @ 6"
                  (1) 7 x 6 (Inside cover window pocket top piece) Cut out
                  center leaving 5/8" frame all around
                  (2) 5 7/8 x 4 (Sides for the window pocket) Score both
                  with 5 7/8 across top @ 1/2 * 1 * 1 1/2 * 2 * 2 1/2 * 3 *
                  3 1/2 Accordion fold
Pattern Papers: I cut my papers 1/4" shorter all around to give a nice
                  1/8" border all around
Acetate:    (1) 5 x 6
Magnets:  (3) for the large pocket flaps

Notes:

Ink all pieces before assembling as it's much easier. I used Prima Color Philosophy Sepia.

Round corners on bottom pieces of the large page pockets for easier insertion and removal.

Attach bottom page piece to hinge first then add top page piece.

Burnish all score lines and score tape.

Attach magnets BEFORE adding pattern papers to the large page pockets.

Back inside cover envelope was made using my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board. It measures 6 x 8 finished.

Enjoy!!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hi there.... I am subscribed to your YouTube channel but hardly ever comment as I usually watch on my big TV and there is nowhere to comment from there. I also follow your blog. I just wanted to comment here that this is such a gorgeous album! It is a TRUE "photo" album, one to hold many many photos which I just love. This G45 paper is also gorgeous... busy and wonderful and colorful, just the way flowers and gardens should be! You've done a gorgeous job and just wanted to say so. I enjoy all of your creations and you have once again inspired me to make some waterfall albums. I've made a couple but not many. I make mostly mini albums that hold only small photos, but one of these days I may attempt a larger one as I love it! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marilyn!! I certainly appreciate your comment. I am happy to hear I have inspired you.... I love when I can do that. Be sure to share your album when you get it finished, I would love to see it!!!!! I LOVE waterfalls, and do my best to include at least 1 in all my albums. I just think it takes up such a small space but gives so much space for photos! Wish I could take credit for comning up with that technique....but unfortunately I can't, but sure do love it!!!

      Delete