Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

 All Tucked Away

Such a welcomed time of the year! I am so excited to post pictures of my newest project I completed:  All Tucked Away

This project I noticed online and honestly fell in love with....so, I of course purchased the tutorial and recreated it in my style. I will post info below on where to obtain the tutorial. I also saw the Stamperia ALICE collection and fell madly in love with it and have to have it. I knew this was the collection I wanted to use for this project. Just a heads up, Joanns.com has it on sale folks, I've already ordered more as I want to do something else with it.....just so dang cool!!                 How cool would this be to also make this a 'Family Recipe Box'? I mean recipes from all family members could be categorized in the individual pouches by person, type of recipe or whatever you desire. Hmmmmm I may just have to do another one for that, but will have to decide just what collection would be best for it because you know that does make all the difference in the world. ;-)

This is the top of the photo box. I did a lot of fussy cutting so I could make sure to have lots of dimension. Next to waterfalls, dimension is my favorite thing to do in a project. Hey, I could've put a waterfall in the inside of the lid......hmmmmm got me thinking now. At any rate, I used some sweet little black lace I had in my stash and thought it went well with the theme and colors. I liked black as a background cardstock for this collection, it just seemed to be the logical choice for me. Alice is fussy cut and popped up on to 'herself' with some added Glossy Accents on her dress and shoes. I fussy cut the one sign and glossy accented it as well then pop dotted it on to itself. The green clock with the very cool glass face I had in my stash and was just waiting for the right project to use it on.....and I do believe this was exactly the right one! I also had the chipboard 'memories' and popped it up as well. Everything is inked in Primas Philosophy Ink 'Chat Noir'. I love this ink, as it does not smear and is just perfect to work with.


The box front. I used a Tim Holtz pull for the handle and added a jump ring with a key that reads 'memories'. On the bottom front I have a cut a part from the collection and sliced the areas so I could put the tiny cards (also cut a parts from the collection) in to it. I stamped 'Memories' on the front using a stamp I had in my stash. This could also hold a booklet with an index to the photo boxes inside. The feet are of course Tim Holtz and worked out perfectly. I had actually wanted to use some large beads perhaps 'red' for the feet, but was out of them (need to add to my replace list). 


Oh my goodness! This is one side of the box....and I just love the white rabbit. I fussy cut him also and added Glossy Accents to his watch face, umbrella, flower and all the polka dots. All the polka dots are Glossy Accented all over the box. He is pop dotted on to himself and even though his ears stand taller it does not interfere with the lid opening and closing and heck, I had to make sure his ears were in place!


The other side shows the 'Tea Party' in progress. I didn't fussy cut anyone for this scene, rather I did fussy cut the sign in the upper left and popped it up and added the other cool clock I had in the lower right bottom. Had to have a cool clock in this scene. The clock has a glass face as well and worked in perfectly.


Opening the awesome storage box shows the very cool photo boxes/pouches inside. Also note on the inside of the top lid, it's the Chesire Cat scene. OMG, I had to incorporate that for sure. I didn't add anything on top of that scene as I didn't want to chance interfering with the photo boxes when the lid is closed. There is a total of 12 photo boxes/pouches and each one can hold 50 photos!! Wowza! That's a total of 600 pictures!! Now that's a lot of pics folks all nicely stored away in a cool box. Each photo box/pouch has a book plate on top so a title can be added to categorize the photos. Each box will hold either 3 1/2 X 5 pics or 4 x 6 pics easily.


The book plate is easily attached using brads which I cut the bendy legs back considerably. Then I added Glossy Accents glue to the backs where the brads are attached and stuck them down. Glossy Accents is a dream to use to hold metal pieces on because it is so sturdy.

The photo box/pouch is kept closed by using one of the many cut a parts from the collection that is slid down into the bottom pocket. You could of course also use magnets to keep the flap closed if you like.


Removing the cut a part allows for a smooth opening so many many photos can be added easily. I added an inside pocket to this pouch on the bottom inside flap. My thought was this could house a small booklet or tag with an index as to the pics in this pouch. 


I love how all the papers are themed and flow so easily in this collection. It was a true pleasure to work with!


The cut a parts in this collection are amazing and plentiful. I haven't even used them all, but not to worry, I have plans for them!

I am just amazed at the space in this pouches. Truly, 50 photos is not a stretch, they are so roomy!!!!


Of course we can't forget the bottom. I decorate everything in my projects. It just completes it to me. Again, the pattern papers are easily working together and flow nicely. My stamp can normally be found on the bottom of my projects.



I hope you all enjoyed this project. Check out the walk-through on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnF_fNaFtvM&t=237s   Please take a moment to subscribe as I will be adding many more projects very soon. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. You can find the tutorial for this project at Paper Phenomenon by Janice Freeman. Let's see your rendition of this awesome project!!

Check back soon, and thanks again for checking my blog and youtube, much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment