Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Huge Pocket Tag

This is a Design Team project for Scraperfect using their products: Best Glue Ever and Embellie Gellie.
 

I had hear a lot about those products and couldn't wait to try them. Well folks, they did indeed live up to their reputation! The Best Glue Ever has amazing strength and for sure a little goes a very long way. The Embellie Gellie is supposed to make it easy to use small embellishments such as beads, rhinestones etc, and again, it worked out perfectly.


 

See those teeny tiny purple rhinestones on that bouquet she's holding? Well, using the Embellie Gellie to place them made it a breeze....otherwise, her flowers wouldn't have been 3D I'm sure.


Note the tiny amount of glue used...........and believe me, everything stuck like crazy and fast!


Next came making the flower............... this was made from cutting circles out of polyester then heating it up to 'shrivel' it up to the desired size and look. Saw this on youtube..... very cool results.
I colored it with a spritz of colored mist I made and let it dry...took a couple of stitches to put them together and inked it to age it some...... and below is the final result with a little embellishment in the center from a dismantled old bracelet. Seam binding was misted and inked ad attached to the back and voila!

I fussy cut the girls and popped them up for dimension. Next I added a band with another piece of that bracelet to hold a sweet tag. The pocket holds a booklet and inside that booklet is a tiny booklet held in place by a stopper and on the other page is a couple of tags in their stopper. The flower and 'ribbons' were attached and I left the tails curly and some long.


I hope you enjoy this project, and if you have any questions, drop me a line or post here. You can find the Best Glue Ever and Embellie Gellie at www.Scraperfect.com   check it out it's a must have!


1 comment:

  1. PITA question: Do you have the link for the polyester flowers video? I can't seem to find it. Thanks so much. Love the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete