Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Junk Mail Envelope Book
This is my design team project for Pear Tree Treasures Canada, using the fabulous Reminiscence the book 3 by Elizabeth crafts. I loved using the junk mail envelopes in my other project, so thought I'd try a book using all sizes but add a hard cover like a mini album. How cool! It measures 9 1/2 X 6 1/2 X 1  and has a total of 20 pages ( since I used 10 different sized junk mail envelopes). A great way to use those annoying things we get daily. 
The front cover has a pretty patterned paper from the collection and I added some greenery I had in my stash as well as the flower (it was a brooch at one time) I also had in my stash. I used some lace I had and thought it would go perfectly throughout the book. I have inked everything even the lace to give more of a vintage feel. 
The spine is adorned with some of the inked lace and tied in a shabby bow.

The back is papered of course with a vintage paper from the collection and inked.
The book opened
The inside cover and page 1. The people I have used throughout the book are from my stash and are by Tim Holtz as are a few of the embellishments, but some are from the collection. I did a belly band and bottom stop and used my lady to embellish those elements. It holds a large lace tie tag that could be used for a photo mat or lots of journaling. The band would hold several more as well. Page one is a large junk envelope with a window.

Contents of the inside cover and page one. 


I used an envelope I cut in half to make these pockets to hold the tags.

Page 3 holds a large bookmark (because I wasn't paying attention and I glued my envelope flap down too much) and a tag stop on the front.


Pages 4 & 5.

Pages 6 & 7. Page 6 has an envelope in it's side pocket with a magnet to keep it securely closed. Would be perfect to house several photos safely. There is also the embellishment that holds tags or pics on the front of that page bottom.

Pages 8 & 9 and their contents. The mom and child are also photo stops. This envelope holds a nice size tag and the page 9 I used an oversized photo corner to hold a bookmark.


Pages 10 & 11.  A large booklet is in the pocket of page 10 and the lady on 11 holds a nice size tag or photo mat.

Pages 12 & 13. Page 12 holds a booklet while 13 the ladies are photo stops and hold a nice size tag.
Pages 14 & 15. 14 holds a large photo mat while 15 has a belly band embellished with a butterfly lady that holds a large tag.

Pages 16 & 17 these junk envelopes hold tags/photo mats and/or journaling. There is so so much space in this book using those silly junk envelopes!!

Pages 18 & 19. Envelopes covered in pretty patterned papers and holding tags.

Page 20 and inside back cover.
I used another envelope cut in half to make the pocket on page 20 and there is an embellished belly band that holds the large booklet on the inside back cover.
Tons and tons of space in this book using the junk mail envelopes.

Materials List
  • Chipboard
  • Reminiscence the book 3 collection
  • Cream cardstock
  • Sepia Ink
  • Lots of different size junk mail envelopes
  • Art Glitter Glue
  • Scoretape
  • Embellishments from my stash
  • Lace from my stash
Links

My youtube walkthrough link: 


























 








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment