Pages

Friday, October 8, 2021

 


Like Bees to Honey2 Altered Cigar Box & Album/Folio

This was such a fun and easy project to do. The collection was so easy to work with. I've never really done much with digital collections, so this was a first for me, but love how it turned out.

I have a ton of cigar boxes that I pick up at flea markets, auctions and antique shops, and I love altering them and of course repurposing them. So, this time, I used the very cool Like Bees to Honey2 collection I printed out and totally covered the box....top, sides, bottom and insides. I added a jeweled bee to the top along with a black ribbon trimmed in gold and on the other side some flat back jewels in a 'bee' brown color. I also added a pull to open the box and used some flat back pearls in place of brads. I adhered the elements to the box top using Glossy Accents as I've always had such good luck with it keeping items in place without any movement at all.


The feet had of course to match the theme 'bees', so I had to make sure to color them with black and a gold band. The very cool papers I used around all the edges of the box has bees.

The bottom is also papered in a bee print.

I did something a little different with this one, I used the open lid of the box to be a base for a pretty cool 'pop out'. It is secured by a pretty black ribbon tied in a bow. The album/folio is still in the box waiting to be shown.

Untie the ribbon and get ready to open:

Presto! I just love this pop out! An easy to add piece that can hold of course 4 panels for pics....or journaling. I thought adding the bee pics just went perfect with this album.

What a fun fun album/folio! This collection sure makes creating easy. This album measures: 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 
I fussy cut the added flower and leaves to place on top of the black ribbon down the right side. I also fussy cut one of the bees from the cut a parts in the collection to use for some dimension.

Showing you the pages of this pretty cool album/folio.








I hope you enjoyed this project. I will be posting more very soon, as I have so many I want to do! Stop back soon, so you won't miss any and follow me here for your convenience. You can catch my walk through of this project on my youtube channel, link is below!










2 comments: