Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015


8 th Grade Graduation Album (special order)

I'd like to share today an order I just finished for a sweet young lady who graduated 8th grade. Her mom asked for the color palette to be purple, black and some pinks. I wanted this to be a girly album as at her age, ribbons and bows would be prevalent. I hope she loves this album as much as I did creating it for her.
 
 
This is the front cover. Ribbons and bows adorn the cover as well as the spine. I made a rounded double matted pocket on the front bottom corner that is embellished with a dimensional 'button' I found that says "8th Grade Graduate". A stack of books and a matted star complete the pocket. A pretty wider patterned purple ribbon is all that was needed on the magnetic flap closure.
 
 
Opening the magnetic flap shows the mats/tags inside the rounded pocket. The tags/mats are matted and embellished with a star on each. Inside the flap you will find pockets with large tags/mats. Pretty dotted ribbons as pulls embellish the tags/mats.
 
 
The spine is embellished with a cute 'wise old owl' that has googly eyes. There are several ribbons that were all used throughout the album tied up in pretty bows to finish off the spine.
 
 
The tags/mats from the cover rounded pocket.
 
 
The album opened to show inside the front cover another cut pocket which holds several large tags/mats. On the first page I created an '8' from a couple round punches..the first page is a fully inter-active page, with four page flips.
 
 
On this page I created an envelope with a magnetic closure and a nice card inside. A perfect place for mom to write a sweet note to her daughter and it be private. A pretty ribbon finishes the envelope.
 
 
The card inside the envelope.
 
 
Two more pages. I'm not sure if they are in order, I got a new phone and for some reason all my pictures of this album didn't take and didn't upload, so, I apologize. I will post what I have in hopes it gives you a good idea of how cool this album turned out. The page on the left has a small waterfall in the lower right corner, kept closed by a black ribbon. Flipped open and it exposes the whole page, perfect for several photos.
 
 
This page has a long side pocket adorned by a ruffled punched and a pink ribbon. Inside the side pocket you will find a booklet and 2 tags/mats. Lots and lots of space in this album for many photos and places for journaling.
 
 
The booklet and tags/mats from the side pocket. The booklet also has 2 small tags on the cover.
 
 
A close up of the booklet and the tags on the front.
 
 
The booklet is actually a tri-fold! Lots of space for journaling and or photos.
 
 
Everything back in place the large side pull mat/tag. All the pages have these huge side pull mats/tags.
 
 
2 more pages. On the left, a polka dot covered page with 2 heart pockets. Inside those heart pockets are 2 nice size tags/mats. A sweetheart rolled flower with pink ribbons adorn the page. A wise old owl is also there. The page on the right is so cool. It is a magnetic flap tied with a polka dot ribbon. Under that flap is a booklet I made with a 1/4" gusset and hinges inside to hold the pages. Awesome little booklet to add photos and journaling.
 
 
Close up of the flap open and the booklet.
 
 
This booklet I really like a lot....its like a mini mini album.
 
 
See the gusset? Very cool.
 
 
Next couple of pages. Page on the left I really like this page. It is very inter-active. The flaps are tied in ribbons and bows and both open. The other page has magnetic flaps also and once open there is a belly band that is holding 2 large tags/mats that also have bottom pockets and are holding tags.
 
 
Both flaps open and the main page has a belly band with a large tag/mat.
 
 
Flaps open and the tags/mats in the bottom pocket.
 
 
2 more pages in this album. On the left, I really like this page. A pennant shaped magnetic flap holds closed another flap. I LOVE inter-active pages! The other page has a bottom pocket and it houses 4 very cool mats/tags.
 
 
Flap open and so is the other one. On the back of the flap on the right there is a belly band and stop which holds a nice size tag/mat.
 
 
Close up of the page pocket and the cool tags/mats.
 
 
Here's the tags/mats from the bottom pocket.
 
 
Last page and inside back cover. Yes my friends, there is a waterfall! One of my all time favorites and I try to include one in every album I do. They are cool looking and hold so many 4x6 photos, that's exactly what the albums are for, to add all those pictures and journaling. On the inside back cover is a nice big pocket adorned by a sheer polka dot purple ribbon and a pop dotted composition book. Inside the pocket are 2 large mats/tags.
 
 
Close up of that wonderful waterfall!
 
 
These are the large fun tags/mats from that pocket on the inside back cover.
 
 
Inside the right spine and front flap. There are pockets on the bottom that hold 2 tall mats/tags.  They all have the sheer polka dot purple ribbon pulls.
 
I had a great time making this album, and can't wait to hear how the 8th grade graduate likes it. Stop by again soon, as I will be posting more photos of more creations I will be finishing. I've had several orders come in and love the versatility of them all. I can't wait to share pictures of them with you all (after I ask permission from the buyers of course). Thanks for viewing my blog, and please feel free to leave comments if you wish. If there is anything I can create for you, please don't hesitate to PM me or drop me a line. Thanks again!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, you really have a lot of interaction in this album! I had to check it out on my desktop vs. my phone to get a better look.I love all the unique ways you created diverse pages, from the round pocket on front to the removable booklet. Again just stunning!

    ReplyDelete