Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

I recently completed another Design Team project for Country Craft Creations in Hooper. I loved working with Marion Smiths Garment District Collection and created 3 projects using it. First is the Altered Cigar Box and a Mini Album I made for the inside. This was an antique cigar box I found in an antique shop, it was so unique in it's shape and size, I knew it would be perfect for this project. I used the sweetest angel charm on the top as the 'pull' to open the box that hangs from the round opener. Sweet sweet old lace was used and I inked it a bit to give it even a bit more vintage look.



I coated this box with gesso and then used Mod Podge to seal the papers inside and out. I added lace around the inside as well to coordinate with the outside. The feet are wooden doll heads that I used Rub & Buff on. The papers are just beautiful and have that vintage quality.


The inside holds a mini album I made with the same paper line I had to hold back on too many embellishments so it would fit nicely inside. I also made a teeny tiny twinchie album with some of the graphic papers in that line.


For the mini album I used several of the cut-a-parts that worked out perfectly. I also used some tags that were created from cutting out parts of the papers. This mini has so many areas to journal in or place photos.












The tiny little twinchie album has a wooden cover and came with a couple little rings to bind it, but, I papered and matted the pages fronts and backs and the rings wouldn't fit.....so, I made wire bindings and finished them with little curly cues at the ends. The insides show mens hats and ladies dresses on forms. Too cute!



You can find a video of this project on youtube using the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6RziPK2lH4 (you may have to cut and paste the link) Tell me what you think after viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment