Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Design Team Project using Authentique Retro Christmas Collection
 

 
I am sharing my design team project I created for Country Craft Creations using the Authentique Retro Christmas Collection. I altered a cigar box that I thought would be the perfect size for this project, and used Authentique's patterned cardstock. I love that cardstock, it's great quality and lends a great look to any project rather than using the plain solid cardstock. I have added some Christmas embellishments that I have also 'embellished' using some gold stickles along with some holiday tags.  Red lace and pretty sheer ribbon envelope the box without overwhelming the look. Tim Holtz large metal feet and glass pull knob finish the alteration.
 
Lifting the lid you will find the mini album inside. I have papered the inside of the box with the Authentique green patterned cardstock. It is called Kelly Green One...the red one is Lady Bug One. It's a dream to work with and I love it's double sided. I matted 2 of the cut a parts to decorate and add interest to the inside of the lid. There are so many cut a parts to use, as well as stickers and pieces to fussy cut. I use a pretty wide sheer coordinating ribbon to act as a lift to remove the album from the box easily as well as add another pretty element.
I papered the entire box including the inside and the bottom. This cigar box is really a nice size, nice and deep. I watch for different sizes and shapes and grab them up when I find them.
I love this collection. The graphics are so retro and vibrant in color. A truly easy collection to work with.
Isn't this paper cool! It's old advertising of toys from yesteryear and bright colorful Santas on top! This is the cover of the mini album from inside the altered box. The paper was such fun, I didn't wanted to cover it anymore than I had too...so, I added a couple of the sticker tags that I matted and added a ribbon pull. The album is kept closed using a magnetic closure decorated with a Santa holding a sweet little puffy golden star.
This is a hefty album with a 3" spine. Lots and lots of space.
The spine is decorated with sweet puffy golden stars and Authentiques patterned cardstock.
The inside cover has a pocket that is decorated with matted small cut a parts that I have popped up for dimension a pretty little red ribbon pops. Inside the pocket are 2 good sized mats/tags. The first page is my favorite technique... a waterfall. It has a magnetic closure that opens from the bottom with a vintage sticker I matted as the pull. This waterfall is such a great size, it holds 4x6 photos easily.


The waterfall opened and underneath there is a pocket that holds yet more mats/tags/and booklets. Plenty of space for photos and/or journaling.
 
Another waterfall .... can't have too many. They take up such a small space, but offer so much area for photos.


Under the waterfall is a roomy bottom pocket that holds a magnetic closure tag. 


 
More of the pages in this mini album



 I love using so many inter-actives in my albums as I think it makes for a nice surprise with every turn of the page.



I have included 3 waterfalls in this sweet holiday album.
 
Under the waterfall is a long narrow bottom pocket/stop that holds 2 large cut a part mats/tags
This page has a pocket that is also a tri-fold
 
This page opens to the left...to the right...up and also down..super inter-active
 
 
 The inside of the back cover mimics that inside of the front cover.
 
 
What a fun project, and it makes it so much easier when you have a fabulous collection to work with! I am listing at the bottom the supply list I used and some links to Country Craft Creations, where you can find these products. I am also linking my youtube video for this project below (I just got a new webcam, so please bear with me as I am still needing to adjust the clarity).
 
Materials
Authentique Retro Christmas 12x12 pad and 6x6 pad
Authentique Lady Bug One Red Cardstock
Authentique Kelly Green One Cardstock
ScorTape
Art Glitter Glue
Cigar Box
Tim Holtz Metal Feet
Tim Holtz Glass Pull
Medium Weight Chipboard
Red Lace
Ribbon
Christmas Decorations
 
This collection is available at:  www.countrycraftcreations.com
Check out my youtube of this project at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pCtu_d8oHM
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and love this album and box you made! Wow... you did alot of work on it and it turned out gorgeous! I love this paper collection too.. love the traditional colors and whimsy of it. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marilyn! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back again as I will be posting more projects soon. This paper collection is so much fun to work with...the graphics and colors are just outstanding!!! Thanks again Marilyn, I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful Brenda. Your creations are no match for me, wish I had your talent. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda. I love this minni and box. Do you have a tutitorial tutorial for this. I have this paper and been saving for the perfect project. I love what you made. Very beautiful. I sure would love to make. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete