Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Altered Cigar Box with Mini Pocket Album (Design Team Project)

I honestly can't say enough about this Graphic 45 collection that I used on this Design Team Project for Country Craft Creations. It was one of the easiest collections to work with I've ever used and the 'collection' itself is massive! There is enough to do more than one project and I will definitely be doing another one soon. Links to the store and my youtube video will be at the bottom of the page.
 
 
This is the altered cigar box. The box is covered in the Mon Amour papers with some cut outs I fussy cut from the paper. I layered an antique doily on top of the background paper and then applied the fussy cut couple. I also fussy cut the flowers and leaves which I added even more dimension using Glossy Accents. There are dew drops on some of the flowers compliments of the Glossy Accents. Chipboard pieces from the collection I also used. More embellishments include tiny dimensional flowers, an antique pen nib, a jeweled butterfly, a metal door pull that I white washed and a heart that I also white washed. Pretty flower lace was used on the top and all around the perimeter of the box.
I papered the entire box with the gorgeous papers from the Mon Amour collection and added black cardstock to the bottom and colored the wooden feet black to finish the box. My 'handmade by Brenda' stamp is on the bottom as well.
A close up look at the box cover.
 
 
Open the lid of the box using the pretty metal door pull and you will find inside the mini album resting safe and secure. The inside of the lid I used a lacey corner punch as the base and applied some of the patterned papers. On top of the pretty papers I attached an old fashioned frame adorned with a side ribbon. Inside the frame oval I added more of the papers and then fussy cut the amorous couple and offset them on the frame. Inside the box you can see the pretty album.


A close up of the nested album.
The album out of it's box. This is the cover. It is also papered in the beautiful Mon Amour collection. I fussy cut the young lady and used Glossy Accents on the flowers on her dress. I have used some of the chipboard pieces from the collection as well as a jeweled butterfly with a black base. I thought it worked in quite well with the papers. To finish the album I used a satiny pink ribbon tied up in a pretty bow.
 
 
Open the album and inside I used more of the papers from the collection. The inside cover on the left I placed another antique doily with a pretty ribbon behind it and a beautiful chipboard piece on top. All the pieces have been inked in a vintage photo color. I matted one of the cut aparts and popped it up on the page to finish it off. On the right you see an added flap with more pretty patterned paper.
The album completely opened shows the pages in the hingeless/ waterfall format that Tammy Merrill created (she has a tutorial video on youtube showing this technique).
 
 
I made this album a pocket album, on each page there are pockets created using cut aparts I matted. Inside each pocket are tags I also created using the same procedure.
 
 
Here are the tags from the pockets. I matted them so that there is space at the bottom to add some details about the photos such as a date or name.
 
 
A look at some of the pocket pages. I made some of the cut aparts in to flip ups on the pages. These have a pretty ribbon on them.
The flip up and the tag from the upper pocket on the page.
 
 
The last page and inside of the back cover flap.
 
 
The last page I used an ephemera piece to make a larger pocket adorned in ribbon and matted in black. This pocket holds 2 longer tags with ribbon pulls.
 
The long tags I matted in black and left ample space for journaling and/or details.
The inside of the back flap. I used the beautiful pockets and tags that were in the collection. I added ribbons to finish the page. Love love love this collection!
 
 
The back of the back flap covered in the awesome Mon Amour papers.
 
 
I just can't say enough about this beautiful collection, it makes such a statement. Beautiful graphics and coloring, quality paper and a complete collection to say the least!
Thanks so much for taking your time to check out this creation, I appreciate it. You can find this collection at: www.countrycraftcreations.com  pricing is great and the shipping is super fast! I will be posting the walk through video link later tonight, so check back later for that link.
Here is the link for the youtube video: https://youtu.be/EVojNNwKVGk
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment