Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

File Box Project

Today I am sharing my DT project for Country Craft Creations! I am sharing some pics, and will upload a video tomorrow. This project is the File Box ....I used Tamra Kilgore-Merrill tutorial and love how it turned out. I am using Bo Bunny Country Journal and must say, the quality of the paper collection is fantastic! The paper weight is perfect and the graphics are so rich and colorful. Tamra carries this line ..... love it! The File Box is so versatile, it can be used for photos, bills, notes or how about using it to store your greeting cards! I used G45's month stamps and since there was 12 file folders it worked out perfect. On each mat/card that each month has, you could record the birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and store those cards in that file ready to send......how's that for a great idea and a pretty place to put them!!! 
 
I love this paper collection, it's such a pretty collection. The flap is magnetized with 2 large magnets which keeps it closed nicely. I embellished the flap with a pretty multi-color ribbon with a delicate flower pattern and added some silver filigree corners. The silver fancy butterfly doesn't need to be glued down, as it stays nice with the magnets under it. A pretty rolled flower and wire scrolls finish off the design.
 
 
A little 'table-scape'.

 
 
The mats/tags in each pocket has a pretty stamped month attached to it. I think my idea of using it to write on the tags birthdays, anniversaries, etc and then storing the appropriate cards in those roomy files is a perfect way to keep them organized and it looks so darn cool!
 
 
This adorable file box is so roomy! The files are constructed accordion style, which allows a ton of room in each file. What a fun useful project.
 
 
The tags/mats are large and will accommodate pictures, journaling, notes, lists.......possibilities are endless.
 
 
Back side.
 
I loved this project and the collection I used. This was an easy project to do and Tamra's tutorial was super easy to follow. I will be posting a video soon of the completed File Box, so check back often.
 
Materials:
 
Bo Bunny Country Journal Collection
Basic Grey Large Magnets
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
1/4" Scortape
3/8" Scortape
Ivory Cardstock
Medium Weight Chipboard
Flower, metal embellishments and wire I had in my stash
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment