Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Authentique's Beloved
 
Wow! It's nice to finally get back to creating, and today I would like to share with you my latest. I used the fabulous Authentique collection:  Beloved   It's a very cool valentine collection and it's a fun fun vintage collection. I love how Authentique has continually brought to us the beautiful collections time and time again.
 
 
I used this collection to alter a cigar box and create a mini album to go inside. This is the cover of the altered box. I papered the box with Authentiques patterned cardstock, I love the patterns and love the quality of that cardstock! I also put a bottom pocket on the cover and inside there is a booklet I made using one of the cut a parts in the collection.....love them! I papered it with some of the sweet pattern paper and added some pretty heart lace. I had a cool vintage Valentine post card I matted and used on the cover. A metal heart is attached to the closure and a beautiful jeweled heart finishes the cover.
 
 
This elastic gold bow tied band came off of something I had and it worked out perfectly to fit all the way around the box....giving it just a little something something! The closure can be seen in it's entirety on the side........and I also added another small metal heart to the bottom of the metal closure. Wooden dowel feet were colored red to finish the box on the underside.
 
 
 
Opening the box, I have matted some of the cool cut a parts and attached them on the inside lid. I papered the inside of the box with the same beautiful Authentique pattern cardstock. The mini album is visible waiting to be taken out and shared.
 
 
The mini album in all it's glory. hehehe  The album is again papered inside and out using the Authentique pattern cardstock. I then matted a vintage Valentine postcard and secured it to the cover. The pretty pretty heart lace runs down the side.
 
 
Inside the mini! The inside cover has my all time favorite technique (which I always include) a waterfall! So much space that takes up such a small foot print.... awesome. 9 photos can be placed in that one area! Love it! All the pages in this mini were cut the same, with a severe side pocket. The fabulous pattern papers from this collection are just gorgeous! It was hard to choose which ones to use as I loved them all and they all worked perfectly. I used the pretty heart lace on the pages to embellish and matted and popped up a vintage valentine sticker to further embellish the page. Inside the pocket are matted cut a parts perfect for journaling and/or photos.
 
 
The waterfall
 
 
Page 1 close up
 
 
Some of the matted cut a parts from the pocket
 
 
The pocket page with all 4 of the matted cut a parts removed to show the pocket page 'naked'.
 
 
The page turned (page 2) and page 3 showing. I die cut the hearts to embellish page 2.
 
 
All the matted cut a parts from pages 3 & 4. Another pop dotted vintage valentine sticker and pretty heart lace embellishes the page 3.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are the last page and the inside back cover. I love how the pocket pages turned out and wanted to give the inside back cover something special.
 
 
I have made an accordion file folder that holds the large G45 tags. This pocket will hold more photos as well.
 
 
I papered those giant tags with some of the pretty pattern papers and used some red narrow ribbon for pulls.
 
 
The back of the mini album I matted an adorable cut a part and attached, then added a matted heart valentine sticker.
 
 
What a fun project to do! I find it's always easy to complete a creation when you have an easy collection to work with. I will add a walk through video on youtube tomorrow, so be sure to check back for the link. I will also be adding more creations very soon, with some of the new products that were shown at CHA, so stay tuned!
 
Materials list:
 
Authentiques Beloved Collection * Authentiques Patterned Cardstock * Art Glitter Glue * Country Craft Creations Heart Lace * Charms (my stash) * Wooden Dowel Feet * Red Cardstock * Vintage Valentine Stickers and Postcards * Medium Weight Chipboard * Cigar Box
 
Here is the youtube walkthrough video link:
 
https://youtu.be/OwDCjXePkSU
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments: