Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

ABC Primer Explosion Box (order)

 
School Days...School Days...Dear Old Golden Rule Days! hehehe This adorable explosion box was a special order and what fun it was to create. The fun thing about these boxes, you never know for sure what's inside! These photo holders can accommodate several pictures and momentos and look so nice setting out. This Graphic 45 collection couldn't be more perfect to use on any 'school' themed creation. I love the 'retro' look of this collection and enjoy creating with it, I am hoping it doesn't get discontinued anytime soon....but you know how that goes.
 
 
This box is covered with the beautiful G45 ABC Primer paper in the polka dot pattern. I used the ABC stamps to circle the bottom of the box and black lacey seam binding to set off the lid. I added a metal ABC charm on the lid and some antique childrens wooden blocks. I added glittered sprayed wooden feet to the box to make it a stable display piece.
 
 
This is the top of the box showing the wooden antique blocks. I watch for them at antique shops, flea markets and garage sales, they are getting harder to find. I love using them for special creations and especially love the look when incorporating them into a retro piece.
 
 
The ABC metal charm worked out perfectly with the theme. I got this from Tamra Merrill (www.countrycraftcreations.com), she has several to choose from at super great prices!! Of course I stocked up! :-)  
 
 
Removing the lid and the box 'explodes' to show a surprise decorated box. The flaps inside offer pockets and tags.
 
 
The decorated chipboard box hidden inside the explosion box.
 
 
This set of flaps starts out with a bottom pocket embellished with a school days sticker and ribbon. Inside the pocket is a matted tag complete with a coordinating ribbon pull.
 
 
Matted tag from the pocket covered in coordinating pattern paper.
 
 
Next flap I used my new favorite vertical bellyband that is decorated with black ribbon and holds a nice size matted tag/mat securely.
 
 
Good size mat/tag that lives behind the bellyband.
 
 
Next flap is very school related and a matted sticker with clocks and 'Telling Time'.
 
 
This explosion box is a surprise as it has an EXTRA flap on all sides...which means more space for photos and/or journaling. I love the large sentiment mats decorating the extra flaps. The bottom last flap has the 'telling time' patterned paper adorned with an adorable chipboard tag with a black ribbon pull.
 
 
The outside of the main flap shows the Alphabet stamps used to embellish the box on all sides. How cute is that!!
 
 
Each group of flaps is identical except for the inter-active mats/tags. I love the base paper on these flaps. especially the blackboard looking ones with the arithmetic problems on each one. So so retro!
 
 
Another view of one of the sides showing the adorable alphabet stamps.
I won't post all the photo flaps as I said each side I did the same but used different mats/tags. I love how this creation turned out and so did the recipient. I can't recommend this paper collection enough, if you like retro/school themes, you will love this!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing this creation, I surely enjoyed making this one. It's always fun to take a 'theme' and see what you can do with it. Getting great papers and embellishments makes it all come together with pleasing results.
I appreciate you stopping by and checking out my creations. I do lots of custom orders and would love to create something special for you, just let me know what you'd like and if you have a special theme. Have certain colors in mind? Just give me your input or I can make suggestions and I know I can create something amazing for you that will be a one of a kind keepsake.
 
Stop in again if you have a few minutes to relax as I will be posting more creations soon. I appreciate all comments and do my best to respond. Thanks again! Below is the video on youtube of this explosion box:
 
 Video link
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment