Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Heartfelt Blazing Poppy Album (Design Team Creation)

 
I would like to share my latest Design Team creation: Blazing Poppy Album. I created this album using Tammy Merrill's tutorial for her 'Recipe Album' (which she has available for sale along with kits and just the paper collection if that's what you choose).
Ladies, did you ever just have one of THOSE days, when everything you touch or try to do turns out W R O N G?! Well when I started on this project, that is exactly how my day went!! I knew I should've just walked away....but nooooooo... quitting just isn't in my vocabulary, so I pushed on and ruined so much of my beautiful Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy paper pad! :-(   Oh my goodness I was about in tears, I couldn't believe I made some major blunders and everything I cut was W R O N G!! YIKES!!!!!
At any rate, I was determined to use what I could on this awesome album, but had to improvise and use some other floral papers. I think it came out rather nicely though in spite of my super duper terrible day of mistakes!!  :-)  
 
This is the cover. I altered it a bit from the tutorial, as I added an additional flap on the left front... more room to add more 'stuff'. The BEAUTIFUL 'Blazing Poppy' papers are absolutely a dream to work with, and there is so much you can do with them. I chose the pocket full of poppies piece to use on the front cover and got out my trusty knife and slit the pocket open in 2 places so I could add tags to both openings, see them with the ribbon pulls and then below that is more tags slipped in nicely. I LOVE taking advantage of as much of the space as I can. I used some of the remnant pieces to create some flowers and leaves for the cover to give it a dimensional look. A pretty red ribbon sets off my left flap. On the right, is the magnetic closure flap which is also not only dimensional, but has a pocket with a long embellished tag. Another handmade flower helps to decorate that closure and a couple small little moveable tags complete the look. I added (2) 3D leaves on the long narrow tag to give it some more interest.  
 
 
A close up of the altered pocket holding 3 tags.
 
 
A closer look at the magnetic flap pocket and contents. You can also see the handmade flower with the leaves popped for a dimensional look as well as the ones on the long tag. A gemstone was used in the middle of all the flowers.
 
 
A better look at the flap pocket and the embellishments. The small sentiment tags are moveable.
 
 
A better look at the handmade flowers and leaves on the left cover flap
 
 
Left cover flap opened and you have one stationary tag and two moveable tags.
 
 
 
Both cover flaps opened to expose the main cover and a peek inside the right spine and closure flap. Isn't this paper gorgeous?! I just can't say enough good things about it!!
 
 
The altered pocket on the main base cover page. Tags, tags and more tags!!
 
 
Check this out ladies!!!! Album fully opened.... OMG... flowers upon flowers!! I truly love all the colorful beautiful flowers...
 
 
Inside front cover on the left.....a huge nice and wide waterfall!!!!I LOVE waterfalls!! This one is held perfectly in place with a magnetic 'band', rather than a ribbon closure. This waterfall has a special surprise though, it's not just a regular waterfall my friends..
 
 
Open that magnetic band (which is has a 'gusset' to allow for lots to go in to the waterfall and close nicely
 
 
The waterfall pages are nice and wide..8". The album itself is 9 1/2 X 9 1/2...so very nice size!
 
 
The waterfall page ALSO has a flap that opens and folds down!! How cool is that! Inside I have matted it with cream colored cardstock so either pictures and or journaling or notes or lists or whatever your little heart desires can be put there. This album I am going to give to my mother in law who is a hard core gardener that loves plants and flowers and has several! She even has  'She Shed' that is absolutely amazing and extremely cool....so this would fit in perfectly! What a great birthday gift which is coming up. I stamped a flower on the bottom part of the fold down pages... cute.
 
 
More cool features...under the waterfall you will find a nice large pocket along the bottom that I have filled with  3 huge mats/tags and 1 smaller one. There is plenty of space in that pocket to hold much more.
 
 
Inside on the left spine is a Tim Holtz clip that holds 3 more tags. 2 are small and the other one is quite long. This would also be a great place to store plant tags to keep them all together and readily available.
 
 
On the right side of the album you will find more and more inter-active places for pictures and or journaling! This album is packed full of so much! The inside of the right spine and magnetic closure flap is exposed as well.
 
 
What you are seeing is on the top another waterfall of pockets! These are top loading pockets and each one has a tabbed card inserted. It is being held closed very nicely with another magnetized band that also has a roomy gusset. The bottom is another waterfall with side load pockets and they too have tabbed cards inside.
 
 
Open that cool band and flip through till your hearts content! This album holds a ton!
 
 
I have pulled one of the top load tabbed cards up so you can see how nicely it fits in that waterfall pocket. Aren't these papers to die for!!!! They are just beautiful!!
 
 
The tabbed card is removed and stood against the waterfall to show it better.
 
 
The back of the tabbed card is done in cream so it would be quite easy to use for writing.
 
 
The bottom of that page consists of another waterfall....this one has side load pockets and tabbed cards glide in and out smoothly. I have left the tabs on all the cards plain, so she can write whatever she'd like there depending on how she wants to use the album.
 
 
Here is one of the side load tabbed cards from the first waterfall pocket.
 
 
 I have removed this one also to show it standing....nice size and all the pockets have their own.
 
 
 
Flip all the pages of both waterfalls open and underneath there hides a large poppy pocket which holds 2 very large mats/tags. A pretty red ribbon brings out those beautiful poppy colors
 
 
Large mats/tags from that large hidden pocket.
 
 
Inside the right spine and magnetic closure flap
 
 
Another clip holds yet more tags! These clips fit nicely and do not interfere with the closing of the album. Lots of items could be clipped there without compromising the album.
 
 
Inside the magnetic closure flap you will find 4 very cool stationary tags. I think this dresses up the space and carries that poppy theme nicely.
 
 
The backside of the album... poppies poppies everywhere!  :-)  I also of course put my name stamp on all my work.
 
 
 
I must say, this was an awesome project to make and I think Tamra Kilgore-Merrill really outdid herself with this tutorial. This doesn't take all that long to make and what a perfect gift it makes. The Heartfelt Blazing Poppy papers are just wonderful and come with so so much in that pad including cut aparts and tags! Excellent pad to work with. I also have to mention this cardstock. OMG...this Carte Bella Cardstock is a DREAM to work with ladies!!!!! It does not crack or split...it handles so easily and cuts perfectly. I love the feel and texture of it, I can't wait until they get all the other colors out, I'll be first in line!! Tamra also carries the Carte Bella cardstock ...I used 'Kraft' color............love love love it!
I will have a video up and going shortly, and will post it when it's ready of this album so you can actually see all the movement it has.
 
Thanks for stopping and I appreciate any and all comments or questions. Stop in again, and be sure to check out Country Craft Creations in Hooper... Tamra will take good care of you ladies!
 
MATERIALS LIST
 
Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy 12x12 paper pad
Carte Bella Kraft Cardstock
3/8, 1/4 and 1/8 Scortape
Scotch Quick Dry Glue
Ribbon
Paper Studio Flowers paper pad
Tim Holtz Clips
 
NOTE
 
Tamra Kilgore-Merrill (Country Craft Creations in Hooper) carries the tutorial and you can get a 'kit' to make this project. The paper pad is available on it's own if you prefer that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment