Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ocean File Box (special order)

Today I am sharing an order I completed and delivered. I just love these 'Accordion File Boxes'! This is 6x6 but of course could be any size. This order was for a lady that loves the ocean, so using the Graphic 45 'By the Sea' collection worked out perfectly. These file boxes can be used in so many ways, from storing recipes to filing cards in their respective 'month' so they would be easy to see who's birthday, anniversary or other special event was coming up that month. On the large month card that each of the 12 files have, there is ample space to write what might be included in that particular months file.
 
 
 
What a fun project! I decorated the front with 'ocean' items such as starfish a cool dimensional sea horse and some sparkly seashells. A double ribbon tied up in a bow finishes off the front.
 
 
A closer look at the front of the Accordion File Box. See those 3D embellishments, she loved those!
 
 
Close up of that awesome sea horse.
 
 
Have to show a close up of the spiny starfish.
 
 
This is the back of the box. I made a pocket which I wave cut the top. I made a card that the buyer could write a personal note to the recipient for her birthday!
 
 
The card out of the wave pocket.
 
 
Side view
 
 
Magnetic closure flap opened to show the pretty picture on the box front. You can see the month tabs on each of the file pockets.
 
 
A better view of the file pockets with their month tab on the enclosed card inside each one. I staggered the month tabs.. January through June...then started at the far left again to begin the other 6 months July through December. I wanted them easy to see and access.
 
 
Box open.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this one, as I loved making it. So many ideas for these handy accordion file boxes. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog. Check back soon, as I will have more to show.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment