Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Today I am posting pics of the custom ordered 'Day of the Dead' 6x6 mini album I just completed. It is on it's way to the new owner in time for her 'Day of the Dead' party. I had so much fun creating this album and made sure there was plenty of space for a lot of pictures as she is an avid photographer. I am posting a lot of pics since I didn't get a chance to take any videos.

The cover I made was a gate fold with a metal latch to hold the two pieces together.  Although it wasn't 'needed', I used a decorated stick pin to go through the hole in the latch to secure it even further. I used black glitter glue to accent her headdress and glossy accents to 'pop' her eyes and stitches on her mouth. I added an angel necklace for the sweet girl giving the cover a bit more bling. The right side I wanted to keep more simple so it doesn't take away from the decorated picture so I used ribbons and a big fluffy bow.

On the side spine I had a scroll I wanted to use and it worked out perfectly applied in a rippled fashion.

This album is a 6x6 with a 3" spine and as you can see it is full.

The inside cover not only holds the hinges and pages, but a pocket and photo mat as well.

Inside the back cover with the tree, has been glossy accented to make those flowers really stand out, a lot of flowers and a lot of glossy accents.

There are so many interactives in this album I hope to share a lot of them with you. This first page is a sparkly glittery page that holds a little mini picture book.


Each page also holds a large photo mat tag which slides in to the side pocket.

The next two pages have magnetic flaps which hold photo mats behind them and the page on the right has 3 pockets which are filled with photo mat tags.







This page holds a nice photo mat that also has a place to make a note or journal on the bottom.


Now this page has a flap which has been stickled and glossy accented. Once the flap is opened I reveals more pages underneath along with another mini photo album and nice photo tags and mats.






These next 2 pages show a very cool diving skeleton that has on his goggles which have been stickled and glossy accented so they really show up well. The opposite page holds two adorable envelopes that also hold photo mats or journaling cards. Of course there are more photo booklets to hold a lot of pictures.







The next two pages include a large full page envelope that holds a large photo tag/mat and the other page holds 2 sweet journaling tags.




The next page has 2 magnetic flaps and when opened I left that page plain to hold a nice large photo. The page on the right.........now that is a different story. That has five (5) ....yes FIVE flip flaps that also have picture mat/tags. A lot of real estate in this 6x6 mini album and a lot on this ONE page!
















The last page has a blinged out skeleton with a lot of stickles and glossy accents. The very back page has my signature waterfall. I always incorporate a waterfall in my albums, I LOVE them.


5 comments:

  1. This is utterly amazing! You are so very talented, Brenda! I love everything about this book! Your graphics are so pretty and colorful, and the quality of papercrafting you do is second to none! I'm sending a link to all my friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ReNae! I appreciate it and love your work as well!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for making this for me, I love it so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Kim, I enjoyed making it for you!!

      Delete
  3. Still dying over this!!!love it!!!

    ReplyDelete