Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

This is an altered matchbox I did for a swap. I purchased a package of large matchboxes at the dollar store, and gessoed, painted, papered and embellished the matchbox.


 
I used some old costume jewelry beads for the legs. The started out just plain white, I used rub and buff on them to get the gold tone. Then I added smaller clear beads.
I added ribbon and decorated the drawer inside as well. I used a Tim Holtz pull on the front and used some heart brads on the back to give it a little more sturdy feeling.


I couldn't resist making a little mini album for the inside. The drawer was fully decorated and as was the mini album. I would have liked to have decorated the mini album more, but it wouldn't have fit in the drawer.

















I truly enjoyed making this project, it was so much fun to see how a plain matchbox could turn into something that could be proudly displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment