Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018


Design Team Project using Authentique's Companion Collection (Cat project)
 
What fun this one was to do!!! I did a project with this collection using the 'dog side' of the papers and thought it only fitting to use the 'cat side' to highlight the furry beauties! This Design Team Project is for Country Craft Creations and all of the materials can be found there. I will include a link at the bottom of the page.
 
I have made a cat bed with a 'pillow' box for the cushion. Cat snacks can be stored inside the pillow box and kept conveniently on top of the bed.
 
Side view of the cat bed showing the black shiny beads. I used them around all sides to bling the bed a bit.
Back view
Taking the 'pillow' box off the top
Pillow box opened to show storage area
Pulling the drawer out to show it separately
The drawer has a rounded top that serves as a 'stop' when pushed in and is decorative as well. I used a metal pull and added some matching black shiny beads to the front. I will look for some shiny black large beds to use for feet for the bed! Inside the drawer you can see the album waiting to be accessed.
Removing the album, you can see the inside of the drawer is also papered. LOVE this collection!

The album! I papered the album in the newsprint paper from the collection and circled all the cat references, thought that was fitting to acknowledge them! I had the frame in my stash and it worked out perfectly. I added some of the stickers I matted for additional embellishing. A big fat golden paper clip keeps the frame closed and also adds interest.
This album has soooooo many pages. I assembled it in a different fashion....I 'stacked' the pages rather than using a hinge system and added my cover pieces separately. It lays nice and flat and holds a ton!
I tried to be careful and not embellish each page much as I wanted to make sure it would fit in to the drawer under the bed. HOWEVER, each page will hold cut a parts and/or photos and journaling. Each page has cut a parts included which make perfect photo mats.
 

 
Check out these cut a parts... love them!





For this page, I fussy cut the cats from the pattern paper and used them as a bottom pocket to hold the cut a parts. Such a beautiful pattern paper!




 
 
 
Love these pictures! I made them in to little booklets to hold even more photos.
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this project and take advantage of snagging your collection over at Country Craft Creations. Below find the materials list, links and a link for my youtube walk through. Please take a moment and subscribe to my channel so you don't miss any of my projects I share. Thanks for taking your time to view, I certainly appreciate it.
 
Materials List
Authentique's Companion Collection * Red cardstock * Black cardstock * Medium Weight Black Chipboard * Art Glitter Glue * ScoreTape * Colored Seam Binding * Metal handle (my stash) * Black shiny beads (my stash) * Large Wire paper clip (my stash)
 
 
Links 

1 comment: