Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Design Team Projects using Authentique's Halloween Essentuals
 
 
What fun these were to create for my Design Team at Country Craft Creations using Authentiques Halloween Essentuals 12X12 pad. Not only was I able to alter 2 cigar boxes, I also created mini albums that reside inside....and I had some papers left over. This pad is HUGE!! Let me show you each one, I think you will like what I came up with.
 

This cigar box was first painted black and then papers from the super large Halloween pad was used to cover it. The graphics are very cool and easy to use with lots to pick from. I embellished the top of the lid with a very dimensional piece of a haunted house I had in my stash and the big old round moon with the bats buzzing it. Handmade flowers using some of the scrap paper and a few small sheer black flowers sprinkled in were added. A wooden knob was added in the 'flower patch' and a metal SCARY embellishment hangs from a sheer purple ribbon. A brass bat completes the decorating on the lid. Around all the sides over the top of the pattern paper, black lace was attached. Metal feet finish off the box.


Open the lid and the inside of the lid is also made useable. A matted cut a part was matted and used as a holder for 3 more cut a parts that were matted and made in to tags/mats. Embellishments were added to give it some additional interest. The mini album is visible now.
 
A sheer ribbon is used as a 'lift' for the album to be removed easily.
 
The album is based in black cardstock and the graphic pattern paper fit perfectly. I added glittery bats and a very dimensional black crow. Small sheer black flowers are sprinkled in. I also added metal corners on this album.
 

Coordinating purple seam binding and sheer purple ribbon adorn the spine on top of the polka dot paper.
 


 
 


This page is absolutely loaded! The magnetic band was implemented to keep it all nicely closed. There are several pages within this page, scalloped tabs were used to turn each page.
 










Yep, that was all 'one' page.  :-) I love making my albums with a 'surprise' at each turn of the page. The unexpected....
 
My favorite technique..... a waterfall. So much space for photos and/or journaling in such a small area....fabulous technique! These papers in this huge pad are such a delight to work with, and there's so many to choose from.
 

Lift that fabulous waterfall and there is a pocket that holds 2 matted tags. Lots of space in this album.
 
There are 2 of the pages that are top loading and have nice size top pull matted tags. Great for larger photos.
 
 
 


Another loaded page!




I love the loaded pages! The colors and graphics in this pad are so much fun!!
 
Yes! Another waterfall! There will be plenty of photo space in this album for sure!

Hiding under that waterfall is a bottom stop that holds this mat/tag. More photos could also be placed there.
 
 
The inside back cover has a side pocket that holds a mat/tag. The cut a parts in this pad are plentiful and a delight to use!
 
This is the second altered cigar box and mini album I created still using the same huge Authentiques Halloween Essentuals 12X12 pad.
 
This cigar box was painted in a black acrylic then I sprayed it all with a purple 'shimmer'. It actually shows up as a golden shimmer depending on the lighting.....pretty cool! I purchased 4 of these boxes about 20 years ago and put them away totally forgetting about them until I was searching for something else and found them recently! I had to use them!!!!! I papered the box using the strips cut from the pattern papers and added a purple flower I had in my stash along with some sheer ribbon. The beaded heart on the bottom I found at a flea market (it was a brooch and I removed the backing), I knew I wanted to use it on something, how perfect it worked out on this project! I framed the cut a part to use as the focal point and added a scary spider. The black knob is actually a vintage clip on earring I removed the backing from.
 
The large wooden feet were painted to match the box and sprayed also. Beaded trim wraps the lid and adds that extra bit of interest! More pattern paper was used to wrap the box.
 
Open the box to find a mini album. The inside cover was painted black and a matted cut a part was inserted with a dimensional skeleton hand to point the way. The album is now visible.
 

The cover of the album...... the graphics say it all! I added 2 dimensional spiders.
 
Inside the album cover is a scary spider and a punched web running down the side.
 





A waterfall! This album is actually a waterfall album!! So so many photos can be stored in this album. Under the waterfall there is a bottom pocket that is faced with a cut a part and holds a matted tag.
 
Turning the page............more waterfalls! Don't you love them! They are my favorite technique. Check out the beautiful papers. Dimensional embellishments are added to cap off the waterfalls. The cool bronze bat shows well on this page!
 
The colors and graphics in this collection really 'pop'!
 




Under this waterfall there is a bellyband that holds a matted cut a part.
 
Love them!
 




A bottom pocket is under this waterfall with a matted cut a part. Retro graphics...........love them!
 
The next waterfall page and the inside of the back cover.
 
A white sparkly skeleton guards this waterfall.
 




Under this waterfall is a bellyband that holds a matted cut a part. So much space in this album!
 
The inside of the back cover........graphics are perfect! I added a large scary spider.
 
I truly enjoyed making these, and loved how easy the collection was to work with!
Stop in again, as I will be posting yet more creations. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me. I am also including a link to the youtube video walk through of these boxes and albums. I hope you enjoy it and take a moment to subscribe to my channel.
 
Materials
Authentiques Halloween Essentuals 12X12 pad * Brass Halloween Embellishments * ScorTape * Glossy Accents * Basic Grey Magnets * Black cardstock * Orange & Purple papers * Beaded Trim from my stash * Black handle from my stash * Beaded vintage heart from flea market * Black lace * Cigar Boxes * Seam Binding *
 
Materials can be purchased at:   www.countrycraftcreations.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment