Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

6X6 Vacation (Special order albums)

Today I'd like to share a special order I completed for (2) 6x6 Vacation album. These were for gifts to record wonderful memories of a vacation the couples shared. The albums are the same as they are going to different couples. I have been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tn. myself and love the rustic country of the Great Smokey Mountains! I thought these albums were fitting and a great place to keep those special pictures, momentoes and notes.
 
 
The covers of the albums I matted the outdoor paper onto the kraft mat, inked and added the sticker of the log cabin on top which I also inked. I applied this to the cover as a pocket/stop to hold 4 matted points of interest: Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg,Tn., Great Smokey Mountains National Park and Cades Cove. Great for photos on the larger ones and journaling on the narrower ones. I papered the entire outside albums in a rustic paper. I added a burlap flower and neutral colored lacey ribbon. A green sheer ribbon was used to finish off the look.
 
 
These are the mats/tags from the front pocket.
 
Inside the album when fully opened.
 
The inside cover has a fussy cut matted pocket with a nice size mat/tag with a ribbon pull. A coordinating ribbon accents the pocket.
 
Page 1. This page was papered in a very cool forest paper. The pocket is actually a fold down magnetic holder. 2 good size mats/tags with sheer ribbon pulls stay securely in the 'pocket'.
 
Magnetic flap opened.
 
Very large mat/tag in each side pull pocket. Each page has one. 'explore' has been matted and popped up along with a ribbon to finish the page.
 
The very large side pull mat/tag
 
Pages 2 & 3.
 
Page 2 This page has a beautiful scenic base paper with a bottom pocket adorned with a matted banjo. Inside the pocket there is a booklet to hold even more photos and/or journaling.
 
The booklet will easily hold more photos.
 
Page 3. This page has a woody appearance with a side slit pocket. A rustic Home Sweet Home fussy cut and matted embellishment decorates the pocket. Inside the pocket are 2 very nice size mats/tags
 
The large mats/tags have ribbon pulls.
The giant side pull mat/tag
 
Pages 4 & 5. Love these pages!
 
Page 4. This page has a right side pocket that has been papered and woven with paper wire. RELAX sentiment was matted and applied to the pocket. Inside the pocket is a booklet adorned with a ribbon.
 
The booklet from the pocket is the perfect place to jot some notes or memories and even has a matted journal spot stating: My Memories
Page 5. I love this page, the simplicity yet interesting. I fussy cut the leaves from the paper and attached it to the left side pocket that is also finished off with a ribbon. Inside that pocket is a large matted tag with a sheer ribbon pull.
 
The large side pull mat/tag
 
Pages 6 & 7.
 
Page 6. This page is open to add a larger photo and also has a matted fussy cut beautiful pinecone popped dotted for interest.
 
Page 7. Isn't this a pretty background paper? I only added a pretty ribbon because I hated to cover it up.  :-)
 
The giant side pull mat/tag exposed
 
Pages 8 & 9.
 
Page 8 has a magnetic flap (see above), that when opened a matted sentiment saying: you are HERE has been applied. A relaxing row boat resides under the flap as does 3 tags that are joined together allowing them to move freely.
relaxing!
Page 9. This page has a vertical belly band that is decorated with 2 dogwood flowers and a 'GETAWAY' sentiment. The band houses a vertical booklet as well.
 
Pretty pretty woodsy scene on the booklet.
 
The very large side pull mat/tag exposed.
Pages 10 & 11.
 
Page 10. Fun, fun, fun. So of course that's what the matted sentiment states as well. The magnetic flap is finished with a sheer ribbon. What is under that flap?
More fun! Opening the flap shows a pretty matted pine tree to stay with the theme which is of course a pocket/stop that photos can be slipped under. There is a large bottom pocket that also holds a large booklet.
The booklet is also embellished with sentiments and a stop which also holds another useful mat/tag.
 
Page 11. This page has a long corner diagonal pocket which is decorated with an oval 'THE Smokies' sentiment. Perfect! Inside that pocket are 3 different size mats/tags for photos and/or journaling.
 
The mats/tags from the pocket and the giant side pull mat/tag exposed.
Page 11 and the inside back cover.
 
Page 11. My favorite technique that I always add to my albums, the wonderful waterfall! I love it because it takes up a small amount of space yet....holds so much! I use papers from the album to decorate the waterfall and a pretty ribbon. Untie the pretty bow and voila! lots of real estate for all those great photos!
 
Inside the back cover I first papered the entire inside with a log pattern paper, so rustic! Then I matted and inked the sentiment: IN THE backcountry. I added a fabric flower with the wooden center to accent the sentiment stop. The stop holds a large mat/tag adorned with a pretty ribbon and at the bottom I have added the sentiment: MEMORIES. This mat/tag will hold a nice size photo and/or a lot of journaling.
The last page, the inside back cover and the inside of the side closure (has a pretty heart).
 
 
This was a fun challenge to create, but must say I am pleased with the results as is the customer. She's one of my repeat customers, and will just give me a 'theme' and let's me run with it. Thanks Mary! I welcome any and all comments, and if I can create anything for you, please don't hesitate to ask.... I love a challenge and guarantee you won't be disappointed. Check out my archives if you have a chance as there are a lot of projects there as well. Thanks for stopping by, and check back again soon as I will have more to share!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment