Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Boxed Calendar DT project

Today I am sharing my creation of a boxed calendar. This project too a bit to complete as it is all handmade from the box on to all the pages/folders. I loved working with this paper collection, as Graphic 45 is one of my favorite lines, but the Time to Flourish was absolutely outstanding to use!!! The weight, graphics and coloring of the papers is simply stunning. I hope you enjoy this project and if you have any questions, please feel free to just ask.

I will post each month and the materials list following all the photos....so, sit back, relax and enjoy.

The handmade box that houses the calendar pages inside. I used a different line of papers to cover the inside and outside of the box, as I wanted to used all my Time to Flourish on the calendar pages inside. I put an antique looking handle on the lid which the calendar pages is also attached to. I embellished with a transparent ribbon and sparkly butterfly.
 

Inside and bottom of the box. I tripled the chipboard for the base and lid of the box to insure it's sturdiness to last for years to come.
I also included my stamp to the bottom of the base and wrote the year created.
 

Once the lid is pulled up and removed, you can see all the calendar pages lay nicely ready to be flipped.
 




January's pages. Each page is created like a file folder that opens and closes securely with a large magnet. The folders were also created with an 1/8" gusset so they can hold cards, bills, photos or mementos with plenty of room. Each month has a full sized calendar with ample spaces to write in. Each month also has many interactives and holds a huge pullout tag on the side with the month attached to the top to match the corresponding monthly folder. Each of the huge tags are also very interactive with photo mats, tags, belly bands, stops and pockets. Whew! This creation will indeed hold a lot!
 
 




 The end of January and the start of February is the next group of pics. On each folder tab I added a cutout of something that pertains to that month: Februarys is of course 'Valentines Day'
 





end of February start of March is next. Beautiful papers! Tons of embellishments and interactives!
 





end of March bring on April and Easter. Graphics are phenominal!
 





Bye bye April.... Mothers Day and May above
 





end of May...... bring on June...first day of summer!
 




end of June..... July is here!
 





Good bye July Hello August
 





August is gone....September and school is here
 





September is gone Halloween and October is next
 

End of October and November starts

 
 
 
November is over and on to December
 





end of November and December brings Christmas and the end of the year!
I hope you enjoyed my boxed calendar. Below is the materials list of the items I used:
 

 
Materials

Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Collection
Paper Studio Country Road Paper Pad
Paper Studio Tattered & Worn Paper Pad
Basic Grey Large Magnets
Ivory Carstock
Medium Weight Chipboard 12x12
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Scortape 1/8", 1/4", 1'2"
Embroidery Floss
Ribbon
Scotch Quick Dry Glue
 
Thanks for stopping in everyone. I will be posting a video of this project soon, so stop back in to access the link.

 


2 comments: